Pageviews Since May, 2012 (That's when I added this view counter) Website has been up since 2007

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Yummy Multi-Grain Apple Cinnamon Pecan Muffins - Original Recipe

I love making up recipes. Sometimes they actually come out pretty good. This was one of those times.

I woke up this morning and started making my breakfast of 2 link sausages, 2 over medium eggs...but then I realized I didn't have any bread in the house.

I know its okay to have breakfast without any carbs, in fact, I many times do that. But for some reason, (maybe its a full moon), I really wanted some kind of bread this morning. So, I went to looking in my cabinets and I noticed some whole wheat flour, some breakfast cereal and a couple of packages of pre-sweetened, pre-flavored oatmeal.

So, I decided to try to make some muffins with these ingredients. Below is the recipe what I made up this morning to complement my hot breakfast.

1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups of Great Grains cereal (pecan and oat clusters variety)
2 individual serving packages of apple cinnamon flavored oatmeal
3 tablespoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups of water or milk
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
Optional (1/2 cup coconut sugar)

I did not use the coconut sugar, but then I don't like food very sweet, but I think that most people will want to add the sugar. The pre-sweetened oatmeal and cereal was enough sweetness for me.

Mix the dry ingredients first, then add the water or milk, mixing well before adding the eggs and oil. Mix well and pour into a buttered muffin pan. My mixture filled 12 muffin cups perfectly. I baked them in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees for 23 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Serve warm with melted butter. Yummy!

These muffins had little chunks of apples and pecans from the cereals and I didn't have to slice or chop anything. So easy it should be illegal!

No comments: