Pageviews Since May, 2012 (That's when I added this view counter) Website has been up since 2007

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Yikes! Tornado Hits A Little Too Close To Home

I live in a small town in Tennessee called Estill Springs. Its a pretty quiet town with not much going on most of the time. The only concern that some residents have had around here lately is the very lengthy drought that the middle Tennessee valley has been experiencing. In fact, its been so dry that the area has seen a sudden spark (no pun intended) in wildfires, especially in and around Gatlinburg.

So, when the weather news stations finally predicted some rain in the forecast, many residents were relieved to say the least. However, we got a little more than bargained for. Last night, November 29th, 2016 at around 8:59 pm, tornado sirens in Tullahoma were blasting. Tullahoma is about 8 miles from where I live.

The huge weather system coming across the state and several states actually, raged on for most of the evening and throughout the night and even into the wee hours of the morning. At around 2:00 am, my phone weather alert buzzer went off and I jumped to my feet to find out what was going on. Tornado warnings and watches were being updated the entire night.

The next day, I drove to Tullahoma to take care of some business and the following video is what I saw there. I know it could have been worse, and thankfully no one was hurt that I know of, but I still think that this storm was a little too close for comfort.





freelance reporting by Suzanne Lender

No comments: